Rant?1. No more steroid hand creams. Period. I know that you say that you’ve never seen it have an effect on anyone as far as getting into the bloodstream. However, I am that person. Or if it’s not getting into the bloodstream, it’s doing something that’s messing with my head.
2. I’ve never had such a bad run of Migraines now that I’m relatively controlled without triggers, and I can identify a clear trigger other than the weather, which can’t be helped. I find that my sleep schedule is being tossed off. I have to be careful with my use of steroid… I use dexamethasone when needed injected into my neck
3. I want a culture to know what the heck we’re dealing with. I’m tired of doctors guessing.
4. I want a susceptibility test- where it’s cultured and exposed to various agents, and you get back a list of what is going to work on this. That way again,we know what’s going to work, and not to play the guessing game.
5. I’d assume that you’d agree to this, as it takes the guesswork out of things, and while you may be the best diagnostician in the world, Medicine is best practiced when we can take any degree of error out of the equation. Also, that way, if one agent on the list doesn’t work, or it doesn’t agree with me, we have a second, and a third option.
6. There’s no sense in not using the best tools we have out there. Thus, the culture and susceptibility test are tools in YOUR pocket in treating me. I can’t imagine why either of these lab tests would be threatening. Can you tell me why you don’t want to do them?